LG has announced its latest smart phone for business, the G6 Premium, which comes loaded with useful apps and features such as an Always-On display and wireless charging. As part of an introductory promo, the LG G6 Premium also includes the Google Assistant — an app that normally retails for $129. LG has worked with Google to ensure that Google Assistant works seamlessly with LG apps to manage everyday office tasks and search for data more quickly.
Mike Lombardo, VP Sales & Marketing for LG MobileComm USA, said of releasing a smart phone for professionals, “As work habits have shifted and an increasing number of professionals are using LG mobile devices in the working world, we focused on the needs of our business customer and knew we needed a reliable product with government-grade security. We have designed the LG G6 to be durable and water resistant, with the added benefit of a powerful battery to get you through the work day.”
The LG G6 is equipped with a 5.7-inch QHD+ (2,880 x 1,440 resolution) FullVision™ display so you can see every detail clearly. The expansive display spreads across the sleek, industrial design which fits perfectly in one hand. The one-handed usability is also complemented by crisp imagery, authentic color, and the Google Assistant that helps you keep track of your schedule, business travel plans and more.
Includes Government and Military Standards on Some Components
LG understands that the most motivated professionals need smart phones that can keep up with them and survive the occasional “whoops” moment. For this reason, the G6 has been tested for strength and durability, passing 14 different military-standard 810G tests (Low Temperature, High Temperature, Humidity, Vibration, Solar Radiation, Low Pressure, Sand and Dust, Immersion, Temperature, Shock, Salt, Fog and Rain) so you can take on the toughest work days. While LG will give you a legal disclaimer that these tests were done in a laboratory environment and you shouldn’t abuse your phone, you also don’t have to worry if you brought your phone along on vacation and accidentally drop it on the beach.
The G6 Premium can also connect securely to your company’s VPN when you want to look up a few documents with ThinkFree Viewer, a Microsoft Office-compatible application, while traveling on business. With expanded mobile device management support, corporate IT managers can control and protect data and configuration settings for LG devices with major MDM vendors.
The G6 Premium also includes government-grade security protocols that are rarely found on a smart phone. The Rear Key on the LG G6 is equipped with a fingerprint sensor to verify the user’s identity, ensuring that your business content remains secure. The LG G6 also supports LG GATE (Guarded Access to Enterprise) for Enhanced Enterprise Security Features and Manageability Functions including:
- Enhanced EAS (Exchange Active Sync) – Enforces simple security policies, secure corporate data, and provides full wireless email and PIM sync.
- FIP 140-2 Validated – Adds Government-Grade Security Module for enhanced protection for government accounts that require the highest-level of security.
- Platform Security includes:
- Enhanced Secure Boot
- LG Device Integrity Protection
- Data Protection
- Key & Certificate Protection
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 821 Processor
- Display: 5.7-inch 18:9 QHD+ FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 564ppi)
- Front 5MP Wide (F2.2 / 100°)
- Rear Dual: 13MP Wide (F2.4 / 125°) / 13MP Standard OIS 2.0 (F1.8 / 71°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Network: LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC /
- USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Black / Platinum
- Other: Water and Dust Resistant / Fingerprint Sensor / UX 6.0 / Dolby Vision™ / HDR10 / Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 3.0
As you might guess, the G6 is pretty expensive for a smart phone. Amazon is selling it for $859. Best Buy offers payment plans as low as $24 a month, depending on the model and whether you choose a 24- or 30-month payment plan. Worth it? You decide based on whether a phone that is loaded with enough useful features to drive up the price.